Students for LIFE Coordinator Assistant
Living Independence for Everyone (LIFE), Inc., a 501(c) (3) nonprofit service and advocacy organization for people with disabilities seeks a self-motivated, reliable Students for LIFE Coordinator Assistant
Primary Job Duties
- Help facilitate the Students for LIFE Program by co-teaching and leading classes in the schools in our service area using the existing curriculum and handouts Meet consumers at the office and in the community to determine consumer needs and facilitate the rendition of LIFE services
- Represent LIFE, Inc. and people with disabilities in relevant trainings, conferences, workshops and seminars, public meetings and gatherings
- Participate in all LIFE training programs and attend scheduled meetings
- Meet goals and work plan activities put forth by LIFE, Inc.
- Prepare reports, forms and documentation as required by LIFE, Inc. and funding sources
- Promote the Independent Living Philosophy
- Works closely with the program coordinator and reports to the director
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of study relevant to the provision of Independent Living Services or at least one year of experience in the direct delivery of human services. Personal experience in independent living and/or a personal experience with living with a disability may be substituted for certain education or work requirements
- Desire to teach and support young people in their transition from school into the adult world
- Strong computer skills including the ability to aggregate and document statistics for grant writing and reporting purposes
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of and/or interest in and willingness to learn about the Independent Living philosophy, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Housing and other disability related laws and regulations
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel across all 11 counties as the job necessitates
- Demonstrated capacity to work with diverse populations
- Experience working in a teaching setting is preferred
The above listed essential qualifications are not all-inclusive as other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
Part-time (20-25 hours per week) position
Starting salary is anticipated to be $11.00
Resumes accepted until the position is filled.
LIFE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and offers a drug free and fragrance free workplace. All candidates are subject to a background check and drug screening. LIFE invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and service provision. Individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email a resume with a cover letter summarizing qualifications, compensation requirements, experience, and two references we may contact to:
Neil Ligon, Executive Director