Within the guidelines of LIFE’s policies and procedures, the Home Modification Manager will:
- Oversee LIFE’s Home Modification/Assistive Technology Program which includes working closely with IL Coordinators to coordinate necessary steps to ensure provision of quality home modifications and/or assistive devices to consumers. The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Developing plans for modification, including preparation of a cost estimate of the project and reviewing with consumer (and landlord/ property owner, if requested)
- Obtaining bids from vendors/contractors to ensure product/service quality at the most reasonable cost
- Obtaining home mod plans (and permits if required) and submitting them to appropriate entity
- Ensuring inspection of completed projects and advises the contractor of any needed changes
- Securing consumer approval and verification of project completion.
- Assisting with maintenance of grants relating to the Home Mod/AT program and all related compliance reporting and documentation
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining office equipment, greeting visitors, and providing support to LIFE employees
- Provide information & refer callers to appropriate staff/agencies.
- Represent LIFE, Inc. and promote the Independent Living Philosophy in relevant trainings, conferences, workshops and seminars, public meetings and gatherings
- Document activities in CIL Suite database
- Assist with nursing home transitions as needed
- Participate in appropriate trainings as it applies to specific job position
- Will require some travel within LIFE’s service area
- Reports to the Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of study relevant to the provision of Independent Living Services or at least one year of experience in the direct delivery of human services. Personal experience in independent living and/or a personal experience with living with a disability may be substituted for certain education or work requirements.
- Must be internally motivated and team oriented
- Thorough knowledge of the Independent Living Philosophy and experience in the Independent Living field preferred
- Working knowledge of computers and other office equipment
- Working knowledge of the Independent Living philosophy, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities (ADAAG) and other disability related laws and regulations
- Ability to write and verbally express oneself clearly
- Ability to travel independently throughout LIFE’s service area.
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to effectively relate and communicate with all types of individuals
- Personal experience with a disability or experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
The above listed essential qualifications are not all-inclusive as other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
Full-time (37.5 hours per week) position
Resumes accepted until the position is filled.
LIFE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and offers a drug free and fragrance free workplace. All candidates are subject to a background check and drug screening. LIFE invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and service provision. Individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email a resume with a cover letter summarizing qualifications, compensation requirements, experience, and two references we may contact to:
Neil Ligon, Executive Director