INDEPENDENT LIVING COORDINATOR
Living Independence for Everyone (LIFE), Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization whose mission is to promote independent living and advance community change for EVERYONE.
LIFE is one of nine centers for independent living in Georgia. LIFE advocates personal responsibility – by, and for, people with disabilities – as a means to independence. To help consumers achieve self-sufficiency, LIFE offers comprehensive programs including independent living skills training; information and referral; peer support; advocacy; home modification; and nursing home transition. We serve 11 counties in southeast Georgia.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of study relevant to the provision of Independent Living Services or at least one year of experience in the direct delivery of human services. Personal experience in independent living and/or a personal experience with living with a disability may be substituted for certain education or work requirements.
- Working knowledge of computers and other office equipment
- Knowledge of adaptive equipment/aids and knowledge of how to secure same
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work with diverse populations
- Reliable transportation that allows for travel to all 11 counties served by LIFE.
- A working knowledge of the Independent Living philosophy, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and other disability related laws and regulations
- Must be internally motivated and team oriented
- Experience with peer support preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in working in the community and developing partnerships to accomplish common goals.
The above listed essential qualifications are not all-inclusive as other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary. For example, the Independent Living Coordinator will also, from time to time, assist the Transition Coordinators with nursing home transition efforts and in the presentation of the Students for LIFE curriculum in the schools.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, with the expected range of $11-12 an hour.
Resumes accepted until the position is filled.
LIFE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and offers a drug free and fragrance free workplace. All candidates are subject to a background check and drug screening. Individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email a resume with a cover letter summarizing qualifications, compensation requirements, and experience to:
Neil Ligon, Executive Director